There are many reasons why paper shouldn’t be part of the future of any successful business, big or small. Paper document management systems often become a bottleneck, slowing down the day-to-day operations, while adding significantly to the overall administrative cost.Paper documents are location bound, making management and distribution time-consuming and expensive. Paper documents cannot be integrated into computer applications and are often misplaced, temporarily or permanently. They get damaged, destroyed or lost, often having detrimental effects on business continuity and success:
- It can have an extreme and negative influence on an audit.
- It can compromise good corporate governance, compliance, and influence stakeholder perceptions.
- The loss of critical documentation could expose the business to commercial and legal risks.
- Lost documents could result in dissatisfied clients, or even worse, lost clients.
- Lost revenue due to missing orders or delivery note confirmations
Our Imaging Solutions
The paper trail ends here – Welcome to document imaging and Management
Access your documents at a click of a button. Document Imaging and Management eliminate the costly storage and retrieval of paper documents and ensure that information is easily accessible in a secure manner.
Thanks to the latest technology in scanning equipment, imaging, archiving and retrieval software, it doesn’t matter whether you’re a small law firm or a big corporate company, converting paper documentation to digital images now makes financial sense for everyone. Business case analyses now show the cost benefits of document imaging far outweigh the cost of remaining in a status quo of paper documentation.
The benefits of document imaging and management
Docusafe saves you time… No more searching for lost or misfiled documents in the filing cabinets. Docusafe saves you office space…. No more filing cabinets needed all the documents are electronic stored.
Docusafe saves you money… We improve your bottom line!
- Enhanced productivity
- Easy and instant document access.
- Elimination of errors due to updated document history and conversion.
- Multiple document access increases project turn-around and cash flow.
- Improved document security and access control.
- Simplified compliance with corporate governance legislation.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction
- Faster turn-around time.
- More accurate document delivery.
- User-friendly information delivery.
- Reduced admin costs
- More productive use of office floor space previously wasted on paper storage.
- Reduced time wastes on finding lost or misfiled documents.
- Minimised staff salary costs.
- Reduced paper copying and printing costs.
- Reduced continuity risks
- Multiple electronic back-up copies stored off-site to ensure fires, floods or break-ins don’t disrupt your business.
- Effortless statutory compliance
- Automatic compliance with international standards in electronic document integrity, authenticity and legal legitimacy
Access your documents at the click of a button
Paper-based workflow systems have been weighing down business efficiency for way to long. Paper documents cause bottlenecks, slowing down day-to-day operations while adding significantly to overall administrative costs.
Paper is so last season
- Paper storage takes valuable floor space
- Paper storage requires additional personnel
- Paper documents are easily misplaced, damaged or destroyed
- Paper documents are location-bound
- Paper documents require manual data-capturing, leading to duplication and mistakes
- Paper documents have to be physically duplicated and distributed to allow parallel processing
- Paper documents cannot be auto-integrated into computer applications
The risk of lost documents
- It can have an extreme and negative influence on an audit (e.g. SARS)
- It can compromise good corporate governance, compliance and influence stakeholder perceptions
- The loss of critical documentation could expose the business to commercial and legal risks
- Lost documents could result in dissatisfied clients or even worse lost clients
- Lost revenue due to missing order or delivery note confirmations
- Productivity cost to reconstruct lost documents or to request copies of lost documents
The benefits of document imaging and management
- Free up valuable office space!
- More productive use of office space wasted on paper filing systems The benefits of document imaging and management
- Reduce administrative costs!
- Eliminate time and money spent on filing, retrieving and copying paper documents
- Accelerate business processes!
- Instant document access and easy integration with computer systems and Applications
- Safeguard business records!
- Off-site back-ups ensure fire; theft or floods don’t disrupt business operations
- Simplify legislative compliance!
- Easier compliance with business and corporate-governance legislation
Here is how it works
- Document sorting and preparation
- This is the first step in document imaging and management. It includes sorting, ordering and categorising documents; and removing staples and paperclips in preparation for scanning
- Document scanning
- Documents are scanned using specialised high-speed scanners and software to ensure maximum image quality and optimal size.
- Image review and OCR optimisation
- Every image is checked and optimised for Optical Character Recognition (OCR). Image enhancements include contrast correction, de-skewing, de-speckling, streak removal, character reconstruction and edge removal.
- Document indexing
- Every image file is named and indexed according to your archiving and workflow requirements.
- Using sophisticated Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software, lengthy documents like legal briefs or contracts can be automatically read and the contents made available for advanced search functions.
- Workflow integration and security settings
- Documents are uploaded to the client’s computer server, assigned the correct security and settings and integrated with existing workflow management systems and applications.
- Duplication and Backup
- Documents are duplicated and backed-up to an off-site location