The Disaster Recovery Road
In todays business climate, its broadly accepted that regardless of size, no organisation can afford even a minor cessation of trade, never mind a full blown disaster or data loss.
The time to recover from this is the difference between survival and bankrupcy & hence the creation of a large Disaster Recovery industry, supported heavily by legislation & best practise.
The cost of Disaster Recovery solutions have to date been restricted by cost, location and lack of scalability, until now…
Mobile Disaster Recovery
Introducing the BSF mobile disaster recovery unit or MDR. The MDR is designed to provide companies with an alternative to standard DR solutions.Resulting from the combination of many years in the business continuity arena and the latest technologies, the BSF MDR is the face of 21st century business continuity in Africa.
The MDR is a fully operational data centre, one that is mobile and at your disposal whenever you may need it.
Each unit is built with standard features such as air conditioning, VoIP telephony, satellite internet and generator.
Backup Storage Facilities will store and maintain your unit for you. We’ll ensure that keep everything working in perfect order. One of the great benefits of this unit is that you can mirror your online backs to your server in the unit and ensure that it’s always 100% up to date with your mission critical data.
The standard MDR’s dimensions are;
- 12 metres long, 2,6 metres wide, 2,1 metre high.
- Anything outside of these dimensions qualifies as an abnormal load when transporting
- Units can be made smaller on request
The MDR has three primary components:
- An Admin Area with two ruggedized work stations and chairs coupled with two VoIP telephones;
- The Facilities Space includes a 60 KvA diesel generator and a BTU air conditioner unit to ensure the temperature is kept constant and can be changed at the owner’s discretion;
- The Data Centre contains solid high density ranking frames with bowed glass front and solid rear doors & 22Kw in row cooling fitted with 5 EC reducing fans as well as fire suppression system.
All servers can be run in a virtualized environment to optimize the use of server space and operating system capacity.
A number of additional options exists for the MDR which can be specified by the client;
For example, the MDR can be separated into three separate units with a larger office unit and a separate power/air conditioning unit plus a separate data centre, in fact any number of configurations can be created.
All units can also be mounted permanently on an air suspended trailer with external generators fitted
MDR Service Offerings
In order to make the MDR available to a wide range of companies the service is available in a number of packages;
- As an outright purchase & self operation option whereby the client will specify the MDR and BSF will build and delivery the unit to any sitelocation for storage. The client will operate and deploy the unit as needed.
- A full service offering where the clients fully specified MDR is hosted at BSF’s secure MDR hosting site & supplied with power & Internet access for data maintainance or as a mirroring facility. This offering also includes maintenance as well as transport, site set up & operation when activated.
- The client may also choose to purchase the MDR outright but take advantage of the BSF MDR hosted facility.
BSF will provide financing to organisations requiring a rental model.
For more information contact BSF at 011 900 2406 or email email@example.com